About the world's slowest BTC price ticker
Price data accuracy and timeliness is neither implied nor guaranteed.
This service uses a free, rate-limited service from CoinMarketCap. It can be interrupted or terminated at any time.
The data as presented is based on my understanding of the data feed, and may not confirm with currently accepted models of BTC price data.
Update 2019-05-17 From 2019-03-03, the data in the historical section is not from CMC directly. Instead it is derived from the ticker data that is sampled at regular intervals during the day.
- 2021-05-22: Tracker relaunched with data from CoinMarketCap.
- 2021-05-16: The tracker is on hiatus while a new source of data is found.
- 2017-06-22: Official relaunch using new API and some new features, such as coin market cap data.
- 2017-06-14: New API interface in development
- 2017-06-08: Shut down of first version service
- 2016-08-03: Added information about the Aug 2016 Bitfinex hack
- 2016-06-16: Historical number of coins moved to DB instead of hardcoded values in script
- 2015-11-16: Added section on the white Mini Cooper
- 2015-08-26: Changed recent linear trend to last 90 days
- 2015-08-24: Added a section for the famous "Bitcoin pizza"
- 2015-07-04: had to reformat date display for dates more than 500 years in the future
- 2015-07-03: changed start date for linear extrapolation to 2015-01-14, converted display to table format
- 2015-03-30: improved calculation of number of bitcoins, and thereby aggregated value for different dates
- 2014-12-10: added spread between 24h high and low
- 2014-11-30: added 365 day rolling high and low
- 2014-11-23: rearranged info at top of page
- 2014-11-17: added simple conversion between USD and "bits".
- 2014-09-22: added a table showing how the volumes of different exchanges contribute to the price.
- 2014-09-21: Added "Market Cap" field
- 2014-09-16: added dates for linear trend since peak
- 2014-09-14: added data for exponential and linear extrapolation of historic trends, "About" page.
- 2014-09-12: minor date formatting changes.
- 2014-09-08: added "Red anniversary" section.
- 2014-09-07: added "3 days ago" row, renamed "All Time High" to "Record high".
- 2014-09-05: Added column "Price x Volume".
- 2014-09-04: Initial release